Why Early Orthodontic Treatment Prevents Problems Later
Orthodontists aren’t kidding about the need for early treatment. By watching a child’s dental development, it’s possible to intercept many later issues.
Growing Into Healthy Teeth
While braces are right at any age, orthodontists agree that treatment at a young age is always the best option. In fact, The American Association of Orthodontics advises children to get their first orthodontic screening by the age of six. There are many reasons for these recommendations regarding early care, including:
- A child’s permanent teeth generally start to erupt between the ages of six and seven.
- It may be possible to help permanent teeth emerge into better positions by detecting problems before they come in.
- The jaw is still growing, which makes many problems easier to treat.
- Young bones are still developing and more susceptible to treatment.
- Orthodontists can determine the proper course of treatment over the next few years.
Playing Around with Braces
Yesterday’s braces were big and bulky, but today’s are fun and fashionable as new brightly colored elastics let kids choose and change their colors to match their mood or show school spirit. Orthodontists love this trend since it gets kids involved with treatment.
Adjusting and Adjustments
Today’s braces are more comfortable and less noticeable than those from the past. Yet it can take time for kids to get used to wearing them. Some of the best orthodontist tips for adapting to braces include:
- Chew your food slowly and take smaller bites since eating may be difficult at first.
- Take more time to brush and floss your teeth since food tends to get caught in the brackets and wires of braces.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever to relieve any soreness after adjustments.
To find the best orthodontist for your child, ask your dentist for recommendations and watch the development of a better smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in South Ocala, call Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road today at (352) 433-4934 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in South Ocala. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road.