Living Well with Dentures – Tips Your Dentures Dentist Wants You to Know
Attractive, affordable quality dentures can change your life by restoring your confidence, improving your appearance, and allowing you to eat all the foods you love again. However, adjusting to life with dentures takes some practice. Even the best dentures can present a few challenges until you get used to them. If you are a new denture wearer, be patient. In time, your dentures will become a natural and familiar part of your life. Here are a few great tips for living with affordable quality dentures that every dentures dentist recommends:
Helpful Tips from Your Dentures Dentist
- Eating and drinking will require practice. Start out with non-sticky, soft foods that are easy to chew. Avoid meats, gummy foods, and hard or crunchy vegetables. Cut solid foods into small pieces, and avoid biting with your front teeth. Try to distribute food evenly to both sides of your mouth while chewing for extra stability.
- At first, you may feel like your dentures are going to slip or fall out. Denture adhesive can help ease your mind. Eventually, the muscles in your cheeks and tongue will take over and keep your dentures in place.
- The best dentures deserve the best care. Be sure to brush them every day using a product made specifically for dentures. Avoid using regular toothpaste; it is too harsh and may damage your dentures.
- To get accustomed to speaking with dentures, practice by slowly reading aloud in front of a mirror. You will quickly relearn to pronounce difficult words.
- Remove your dentures at night to let your gums rest.
- You may notice more saliva in your mouth than usual when wearing dentures; this is normal and will improve in time.
- Your dentures may loosen when you sneeze, cough, or laugh; this does not necessarily indicate a problem with how they fit.
- In general, you should see your dentist or prosthodontist every six months for a checkup. Your bones and tissues change over time, so your dentures may eventually need to be relined. If you notice a difference in how your dentures fit, or if you experience pain or other symptoms, make an appointment immediately.
- Affordable quality dentures deliver priceless smiles, so be proud. Show off your new smile as often as possible.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Ocala, call Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road today at (352) 433-4934 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Ocala. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road.