Dental Care Basics for Busy Lifestyles
Proper dental care seems easy enough—after all, you have been brushing and flossing since your first tooth emerged. Despite the simplicity of the task, it becomes so commonplace that you may not brush as long or as thoroughly as you should, or perhaps flossing has become a once-a-week habit, rather than daily. You want to care for your teeth and your health, but your schedule is busy, making a friendly reminder of dental care basics helpful for keeping you on track.
Use this guide to achieve optimal oral care with basic tips for caring for your teeth, even when your schedule gets a little too busy. Basic dental care comes down to a few easy steps:
- Brushing twice a day, and after each meal, if possible. Brush for a minimum of two minutes, dividing the mouth in quadrants and thoroughly brush each section.
- Cleaning your tongue with your toothbrush or a tongue scraper to minimize bad breath.
- Flossing at least once daily.
- Using mouthwash at least once a day, after brushing.
- Eating nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
- Visiting your dentist to have plaque buildup removed, which even the most diligent at-home dental care can’t eliminate.
Routine Dental Care:
- Fights cavities
- Protects gums and tissues surrounding the teeth
- Removes stains caused by certain foods, drinks, and tobacco
- Prevents bad breath
- Reduces risk of whole-body disease
Avoid Dental Problems:
- Within just 20 minutes of finishing a meal, bacteria and food debris can start causing damage, so brush twice daily or, if possible, after every meal.
- Avoid sugary and starchy foods, which feed the bacteria in the mouth that can erode the teeth.
- Avoid using tobacco products, which can lead to gum disease and oral cancer.
- Find an affordable dentist and schedule appointments every six months. Your dentist can detect oral conditions at the earliest stages.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in South Ocala, call Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road today at (352) 433-4934 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in South Ocala. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road.