Compare Your Teeth Whitening Options
A bright, healthy smile can do wonders for your self-esteem. If your teeth have become discolored because of age, smoking habits, coffee and tea, or other foods and drinks, your smile may not be as radiant as you’d like. If you have generally healthy teeth and gums, a variety of teeth whitening products are available to restore your smile to its former glory. Some are available over the counter, and others must be applied by your dentist. If you’re not sure which type will work best for your teeth, consult your dental team before choosing a product. The most popular whitening products are listed below.
- Dentist In-Office Teeth Bleaching/Whitening : Professional teeth whitening systems use stronger agents that are applied directly to the tooth surface. Heat, light, or laser treatment may be used to enhance results. In some cases, dramatic changes are seen after only one treatment, but you’ll probably need several to achieve your desired level of whitening. Although it’s more expensive, in-office bleaching is the fastest way to whiten teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes : Teeth whitening toothpastes use gentle abrasives or chemicals to help remove surface stains. They can lighten teeth by about one shade. In comparison, professional treatments lighten your teeth by three to eight shades.
- Teeth Whitening Mouth Rinses : Whitening rinses gradually lighten teeth with ingredients like hydrogen peroxide. Because the product only stays in contact with the tooth surface for a few seconds each day, it may take up to 12 weeks to see results.
- Teeth Whitening Gels and Strips : Whitening strips are coated with a peroxide-based gel. They are placed onto your teeth for about 30 minutes twice each day and used for a total of two weeks. You may see improvements in a few days, and final results last up to four months. Whitening gels use a similar peroxide formula but are applied to your teeth with a small brush. Expected results are comparable to those of whitening strips.
- Teeth Whitening Trays : Tray-based systems can be purchased over the counter or from your dentist in Ocala. Small trays resembling mouth guards are filled with a gel whitening formula and placed onto the teeth for varying lengths of time each day or night.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Ocala, call Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road today at (352) 433-4934 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Ocala. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Shady Road.